The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (DCF) will start accepting applications for Child Care Counts COVID-19 Emergency Payment Program: Period 3 beginning June 29 – July 10, 2020. This program is to support the costs of retaining staff and reopening child care programs as Wisconsin’s workforce returns to work. Funds are required to be used for reopening within 30 days of receiving funding for paying staff, reimbursing families, or other allowable expenses. Based on available funding, Program 3 is calculated at up to $1,000 for each full-time staff and up to $700 for each part-time staff, with an overall payment amount maximum of $10,000. Below are program guidelines:
Who can apply
- Regulated child care providers (licensed or certified providers) who
- are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- were temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must be licensed or certified in good standing.
- May not be operating under license revocation, suspension from Wisconsin Shares, summary suspension, or regulation application denial.
- Child care program was/is temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic during the funding period.
- Plan to reopen within 30 days of receiving funding or within 30 days of the ending of Safer at Home order, whichever is later.
- Use the funds for the following purposes to ensure the program is able to reopen 30 days after receiving funding or within 30 days of the ending of Safer at Home order, whichever is later:
- Pay staff incentives and/or payroll in order to return to work.
- Supplement staff salaries for those who remained on payroll during temporary closure.
- Full or partial parent reimbursement for tuition paid during State of Emergency.
- Materials/supplies for cleaning and sanitation
- Agree to payment program Terms and Conditions: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/childcare/covid/pdf/cccepp-terms-conditions.pdf
How to Apply
- Payment Program applications are available in the Child Care Provider Portal: https://mywichildcareproviders.wisconsin.gov/login
- For those unable to gain access to the Provider Portal, or who choose not to, they may submit their application over the phone with a DCF representative: 608-535-3650.
- Payment Program information available in Spanish on the DCF website: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/childcare/payments/es