The Outagamie County Forage Council is proud to sponsor a $500 educational scholarship for a deserving youth entering or already enrolled in post-secondary education in the area of agriculture. The award is designed to recognize outstanding individual accomplishment and achievement. Students completing their senior year of high school who have enrolled in or those students currently attending an accredited institution in a technical college certificate or diploma program, two-year Associate Degree program or four-year Bachelor of Science Degree program are eligible. College students must have a final semester of instruction remaining at the time the scholarship is awarded. Those students majoring in agronomy, soil science, or production related agriculture may receive preference. Student is to be a graduate from an Outagamie County High School or a resident of Outagamie County.
When evaluating qualified applicants, an emphasis will be placed on the following items:
- High School and/or College Activities and Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Community Involvement & Volunteer Experience
- Academic Achievement
- Sense of Future Direction and Educational Goals
- Future Plans and Demonstrated Ability to Achieve Them
- All Agricultural Degrees are invited to apply; however, preference may be given to those seeking a degree in agronomy, soil science, or production related agriculture.
- One Letter of Recommendation
Scholarship Application Procedure
All applicants must return their completed forms and one letter of support to the Outagamie Forage Council Advisor at the Extension Office by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 11, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
The winner will be notified by Friday, January 20, 2023 and will be invited to be in attendance (if available) to accept the award at the Outagamie Forage Council Annual Meeting to be held on Thursday, February 9, 2023.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above information, please contact the Extension Outagamie County office at 920-832-1859.