July 18th, 2023
1:00pm - 2:00pm
Adulting 101 is an educational series for teens lead by Extension Educators that teaches youth valuable life skills often not taught in the classroom. Adulting refers to being a responsible adult by paying bills, cooking and cleaning, having health insurance and maintaining a savings account. It also means knowing how to have healthy relationships and being a professional when interviewing for a job. It is believed that today’s youth lack adulting skills because there is an over-emphasis on academics from an early age compared to previous generations. This program engages youth in learning adulating skills to combat this issue.
- July 18 College 101: Admissions
- Learn all about college admissions from an Admission Counselor! They will be answering pre-submitted questions (Questions Submission Deadline: July 11) and helping you discover what you can be working on now to improve your chances of admittance to your dream school!
- July 25 Budgeting 101
- August 1 College 102: What’s next? After you’ve been accepted!
- August 8 Time Management 101
- August 15 Work, Work, Work, Work, Work: Professionalism 101
- August 22 Fast Food Frenzy
- August 29 Career Spotlight
Fox Valley Tech,