Extension provides the knowledge to solve many of the problems commonly faced in keeping plants healthy.
- Learn to care for and manage vegetable and/or flower gardens, lawns, and other horticultural crops.
- Gain knowledge of effective and safe methods of pest control and management.
- Take a soil sample, and have it tested for nutrients, then work with a Horticulturalist to create a fertilizer recommendation.
- Identify plant based insects and their control methods.
- Identify common plant diseases and find curative approaches.
- Provide research based, non-biased information in a timely and concise manner.
Extension educators have access to up-to-date research, and evidence-based educational materials to be used in consumer and commercial horticulture outreach. We can assist Wisconsin residents to make horticulture-related decisions that reduce negative environmental impact by using various accepted techniques.
Sign up to received our monthly emails! This brief email will give you glimpses into the gardening world! We’ll send you an email the beginning of every month with short articles about horticulture, plant pests and diseases.
Links of Interest
- Why Hire a Certified Arborist (includes list of Certified Arborists in our area)
- Wisconsin DNR Invasive Species
- Wisconsin Master Gardener Program
Plant and Soil Information
Kaitlin Bricco | Horticulture Educator
3365 W. Brewster St | Appleton, WI 54914
Phone: 920-832-4764 | Wisconsin Relay: 711